[Rubygems-developers] gem problem

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 19:10:04 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 7:26 PM, Eric Hodel <drbrain at segment7.net> wrote:
> On Apr 1, 2009, at 14:42, Berger, Daniel wrote:
>>>
>>> No matter how much I try to idiot proof things...
>>>
>>> One of the bigger problems in packaging gems is people who
>>> use glob or regexp to find files instead of a manifest file.
>>
>> We could consider mandating that any files in the gem must also exist in a
>> manifest file and/or capping the file limit. Just a thought.
>
> It wouldn't help, people would generate their manifest file from a glob or
> regexp and not double-check, just like now.

That is a human problem, not of the technology. Even on manifest files
people include files they have in their local copies that are not
committed into the repository.

I've been using glob without any issue, and also generating YAML
gemspec files, zero glitches.

(I know, control freak)
--
Luis Lavena