[Rubygems-developers] Open issues for 1.3?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 18:46:48 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 4:15 PM, Segment 7 <drbrain at segment7.net> wrote:

> I don't see any ctritical bugs remaining in the tracker. Is there anything
> else outstanding?

I'm checking out latest changes and see if they work or raise errors
under Windows (mswin32 and mingw32).

So far, two new errors has been introduced:

http://pastie.org/private/96wifrwcnzatkfqetada

  1) Error:
test_self_clear_paths(TestGem):
NoMethodError: undefined method `uid' for nil:NilClass
    D:/Users/Luis/projects/oss/rubygems/trunk/test/../lib/rubygems.rb:713:in
`set_paths'

It's important to mention that rely on Etc to determine owner is
unreliable across platforms.

I cannot suggest we use File::writable? instead since under Windows,
ACLs can deny you access to a specified folder and still show up as
writable, as I reported to RubySpec

http://groups.google.com/group/rubyspec/browse_thread/thread/2e2b21b73aca5fcc#

I'll have some free time tomorrow to work on this if required.

--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17