[Rubygems-developers] Bug in fetch?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 20:31:35 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 8:51 PM, Phil Hagelberg <technomancy at gmail.com> wrote:
> "Luis Lavena" <luislavena at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Yes, the same happened to me under Windows (user don't have write
>> access to C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/gems/**)
>>
>> Eric: what about using TMP for fetch actions? Is feasible?
>
> In trunk, this should fall back to "#{Gem.user_dir}/cache" if
> "#{Gem.dir}/cache" isn't writable. Are you seeing this in recent
> versions?

No, I didn't push rubygems trunk to this production server so couldn't
confirm and to be able to replicate the scenario require several ACLs
changes.

So I will trust the nice tests of RubyGems (btw, need to checkout
latest and see if is working on both mswin32 and mingw32).

Regards,
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17