[Rubygems-developers] Bug in fetch?

Caspar Florian Ebeling florian.ebeling at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 10:35:34 EDT 2008

when I try to use the fetch separately, then gem fails with an error
indicating missing privileges. This should not happend because
fetch is documented as saving the gem archive to the current

flomac:vendor febeling$ rubygems-svn/bin/gem fetch hpricot --source
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Errno::EACCES)
    Permission denied - /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/cache/hpricot-0.6.gem
flomac:vendor febeling$ pwd

The error references the regular location of gems, and not the local directory.
Seems wrong to me. This test happend from the trunk version as
of today (r1868).

Do I miss something or is this a bug?

Florian Ebeling
florian.ebeling at gmail.com