[Rubygems-developers] rubygems / http://gems.rubyforge.org/ stability (RubyGems will revert to legacy indexes degrading performance)

Greg Hauptmann greg.hauptmann.ruby at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 04:24:24 EDT 2008

actually I've done a " sudo gem sources -r
http://gems.rubyonrails.org/" and I think this has fixed things.

I'm now getting the following which I think means the gem stuff worked:

============================
Macintosh-2:myequity greg$ sudo gem install mysql
ERROR:  Error installing mysql:

/opt/local/bin/ruby extconf.rb install mysql
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
checking for main() in -lm... yes
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
checking for main() in -lz... yes
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
checking for main() in -lsocket... no
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no
checking for main() in -lnsl... no
checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no

Gem files will remain installed in
/opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7 for inspection.
Results logged to /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mysql-2.7/gem_make.out