[Rubygems-developers] [ANN] stickler 0.1.0

Jeremy Hinegardner jeremy at hinegardner.org
Fri Oct 10 02:35:57 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I mentioned a week or so ago that I was working on project that did some
of the things that 'gem mirror' does but with more fine grained
configuration.  I've just released the first version of stickler.

  * http://copiousfreetime.org/articles/2008/10/09/managing-a-gem-repository-with-stickler.html
  * http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/stickler
  * http://github.com/copiousfreetime/stickler/tree/master

It uses a fair bit of the Gem API, and I would appreciate feedback from
anyone here on how to make it better.  Feel free to be as harsh as you

The quick description of Stickler:

  Stickler is a tool to organize and maintain an internal gem

  At times it is useful to have complete control over the availability
  of the gems for you testing, staging and production environments. In
  these cases you probably do not want to accidentally type 'gem update'
  and get a new untested version of a gem installed on your machines.
  This is where Stickler helps.

  Configure stickler with the the names and versions of the gems you
  require for your deployment and it will organize and setup everything
  that is necessary for a standard web server to function as your
  internal gem distribution server.

 Jeremy Hinegardner                              jeremy at hinegardner.org