[Rubygems-developers] Gems on Github and Dependencies

Josh Susser josh at hasmanythrough.com
Fri Nov 28 10:02:05 EST 2008

You can tell rubygems where to look for gems by adding a source.

     ~> gem source -l
     *** CURRENT SOURCES ***

     ~> gem source -a http://gems.github.com
     http://gems.github.com added to sources
     ~> gem source -l
     *** CURRENT SOURCES ***

You can also use the --source option on the gem install command, but
keep in mind --source replaces the list of standard sources, it
doesn't add to them.