[Rubygems-developers] Executing code after installing gem

James Tucker jftucker at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 07:18:18 EST 2008

On 25 Nov 2008, at 11:41, Matt King wrote:

> 2008/11/25 James Tucker <jftucker at gmail.com>:
>> Use the rakefile ext builder?
> Tried that. It exited out with 'No builder for extension.'

I set this up to allow us to build a 3-platform gem for eventmachine,
so an example is sitting in our rakefile:

This part is a hack to get around the fact that there's no way to
supply arguments to the rake builder:

Here you'll need to make sure that the gem manifest includes the
Rakefile and that s.extensions reads Rakefile