[Rubygems-developers] Persistent URI for rubyforge rubygems downloads?

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 20:12:56 EST 2008

This should be a rubyforge support question, but I thought I'd ask here
first to get input to write a coherent ticket...

There are often occasions where I want to script a fresh download and
install of the latest rubygems - especially since the auto-update doesn't
work in 1.2.0.

However, with each release, the mirror seems to change.  It actually seems
to be an annoying rule that a mirror that worked for the prior release (e.g.
1.3.0) doesn't work for a newer release (1.3.1).

Is there anyway rubyforge can be configured to provide a non-mirrored url
for the latest rubygems, or a proxy which will always redirect to a valid

-- Chad