[Rubygems-developers] A couple patches to help JRuby

Charles Oliver Nutter charles.nutter at sun.com
Mon May 26 23:03:07 EDT 2008

Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:
> FYI, there's a couple bugs with patches that hopefully can get into the
> next maintenance release. We've modified them locally, but we'd like to
> avoid the juggling act we have to do when upgrading:

Here's another:

[#20380] RubyGems installs using wrong executable name in JRuby under

In this case, because RubyGems always sticks EXEEXT on the end of
RUBY_INSTALL_NAME, we end up with an executable named jruby.bat.exe,
which of course doesn't run. I don't have a good patch for this one, so
I'm looking for suggestions. Either RubyGems needs to not append when
RUBY_INSTALL_NAME has the full executable name, or JRuby needs to
instead report just "jruby" as RUBY_INSTALL_NAME" and then "bat" as
EXEEXT. However the latter seems a little weird, especially if other
code is expecting EXEEXT to be "exe".

- Charlie