[Rubygems-developers] Fixed: Re: Binary gems or extension source - which and how?

Clifford Heath clifford.heath at gmail.com
Wed May 21 23:47:20 EDT 2008

Re my previous problem: I had a file "lib/wbxml.rb", which contained

require 'wbxml.so'

and the shared library was under the ext directory (dirname was in
required_paths), but the fact that the file basename of the file was
the same prevented rubygems from loading it.

The .rb contained nothing of interest, so I removed it and the problem
has gone away. A trap for young players... thanks Luis for offering
help.

Clifford Heath.