[Rubygems-developers] rake build on ruby-libvirt failed on MinGW.

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 03:49:27 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 7:27 AM, Atsushi SAKAI <sakaia at jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to build ruby-libvirt on MinGW.
> But it fails on rake build.
> I am previously checked ext/libvirt/mkmf.log.
> The logged problem(libvirt not exist) is already solved.
> But next problem occured.
> Is there any suggestions?

Looks like the generated makefile you're using is not adding the
correct paths to include and search for ruby.h

Besides that I cannot help you, only suggest you to try the rubyinstaller build.

> If this ML is not appropriate, please suggest me.

You could get better answers on ruby-talk mailing list. This list is
mostly aimed at rubygems stuff, not compilation of extensions (even if
there is a gem what you have problems with).

Luis Lavena
disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams