[Rubygems-developers] Gem 1.1.1 bulk updating all the time

Eric Hodel drbrain at segment7.net
Mon Jun 23 16:19:18 EDT 2008

On Jun 23, 2008, at 08:21 AM, Neil Wilson wrote:
> Since the release of 1.2.0 gem v.1.1.1 is constantly bulk updating on
> every command, with gem install bulk updating twice.

This was reported before 1.2 was released and may be related to having
multiple sources.

> Has backward compatibility been broken in some way by a new index
> format?

I don't think so, but it is possible.  I'm no longer supporting
Gem::SourceInfoCache, it has grown too many branches to be easily
testable (let alone maintainable).  If you can demonstrate that the
problem lies in the index, I will fix that.

Really, though, you should upgrade to 1.2.