[Rubygems-developers] Gem 1.1.1 bulk updating all the time

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 11:30:12 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Neil Wilson <neil at brightbox.co.uk> wrote:
> Since the release of 1.2.0 gem v.1.1.1 is constantly bulk updating on
> every command, with gem install bulk updating twice.
>
> Has backward compatibility been broken in some way by a new index format?

Hmn, that depends.

I had some ruby version with 0.9.4 and sometimes I get bulk updates,
but not all the time. With 1.1.1 I get a bulk one If I didn't update
in long (but loooong) time, and sometimes get "updating 420
specifications" :-P

On one server I got the two times "bulk update" during installation,
so kind of weird.
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17