[Rubygems-developers] invalid Gem::Specification format?

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 17:49:56 EDT 2008

I don't have time to look into this myself, but I thought I'd mention
it, since it sounds strange and may be some sort of regression.

I released a gem (GemInstaller 0.4.2) a couple days before RubyGems
1.2.0, but I used Hoe 1.6.0 with the trunk version of RubyGems

Then, I got this report [1] of a stacktrace containing GemInstaller
from someone who didn't even have GemInstaller installed.  Was this an
issue with RubyForge, RubyGems, or my GemInstaller 0.4.2 gem

I also saw this Pastie [2], which may be related???

[1] http://thewoolleyweb.lighthouseapp.com/projects/11580/tickets/12-gem-update-blows-up
[2] http://pastie.org/pastes/219563

-- Chad