[Rubygems-developers] How to install rubygems on MinGW?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 05:38:25 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 6:13 AM, Atsushi SAKAI <sakaia at jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question about rubygems to install MinGW.
>
> If this mailing list is wrong for this issue,
> Please suggest me.
>
> I am trying to do ruby setup.py,
> but it generates many error message like follows.
> If any good page exists, please suggest me.
>
> =================
> install -c -m 0755 C:/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/gem.bat C:/msys/1.0/local/bin/gem.bat
> rm C:/DOCUME~1/ADMINI~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/gem.bat
> rm -f C:/msys/1.0/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/source_cache
> rm -rf C:/msys/1.0/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/doc/rubygems-1.1.1
>
> lib/rubygems/command_manager.rb:139:61: Skipping require of dynamic string: "rubygems/commands/#{command_name}_command"
>
> lib/rubygems/dependency_installer.rb:38:5: Unrecognized directive 'env_shebang'
>
> lib/rubygems/installer.rb:59:5: Unrecognized directive 'env_shebang'
>
> lib/rubygems/install_update_options.rb:22:32: ':' not followed by identified or operator
>
> lib/rubygems/install_update_options.rb:28:32: ':' not followed by identified or operator
> ==================
>
> Thanks
> Atsushi SAKAI

Hello Atsushi,

Are you trying to install rubygems running MSYS console or what? I
fully don't understand your question, but it seems is related to how
path is being split.

Can you provide more information about the ruby version, the MinGW and
the console (MSYS or plain cmd.exe), Windows version and version of
MinGW stuff you're trying to get it installed into?

Regards,
--
Luis Lavena
AREA 17