[Rubygems-developers] HEADSUP RubyGems 1.2 Real Soon Now

Stephen Bannasch stephen.bannasch at deanbrook.org
Wed Jun 4 15:46:16 EDT 2008

At 3:15 AM -0700 6/4/08, Eric Hodel wrote:
>>I installed rubinius source into rubinius/code and installed it into rubinius/install.
>>But since Rubinius doesn't have the equivalent of '-S' I need to supply the full path to the gem.rb command.
>`rbx gem env` will do what you want.

Thanks for that pointer -- it works just as it should!

And in my non-system install of rubinius located here:

doing this:

  $ rbx gem install uuidtools

Indeed puts the uuidtools gem here:

This may be more appropriate for a rubinius list but then running:

  $ rbx gem list --local

produces this error:

  *** LOCAL GEMS ***

  ERROR:  While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)
      No method 'to_ints' on an instance of NilClass.

>We have discussed making gem executables accessible via rbx as a subcommand, `rbx rake`.  We will probably wire this in via the rubygems/defaults file.

I'll look forward to that. Thanks.