[Rubygems-developers] Problems with trunk (rev 1708) - server source index refresh losing config-file overrides

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 02:30:51 EDT 2008

Hi,

I already talked with Eric about this off-list.  I just reproduced it
again so I'm reporting it.

In rev 1708, a change was added to refresh the source index every time
through so new gems get picked up

This causes problems when I start my server with a --config-file
override, pointing gemhome and gempath to a custom location containing
a test gem repo with some test gems.

The issue is when I run "gem list --remote" against this server, it
lists all the gems in my system location as well as the test gems.
Prior to the change in 1708 it would only list the gems in the dir
that I specified in the config-file (the correct behavior, I believe).

Not sure how to fix this and still retain the original bugfix.  I
opened a bug here:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=20509&group_id=126&atid=575

Thanks,
-- Chad