[Rubygems-developers] Help with Gem Dependencies

Gordon Thiesfeld gthiesfeld at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 23:02:05 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Bret Pettichord <bret at pettichord.com> wrote:
> Appreciate any help or insight you can provide.

I'm more of a lurker than an authority on this list, but it appears
you have an older version of rubygems installed.  RubyGems prior to
1.0 or thereabouts would prompt the user for which version of the gem
to install.  Newer versions will do the right thing, and install the
correct gem.

To check this which version you have installed, you would run

C:\ruby>gem -v

If it's older than 1.1.1, I would recommend updating.

C:\ruby>gem update --system
Updating RubyGems

Hope that helps,