[Rubygems-developers] Real networks statistics with GEMS

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Mon Jul 14 05:34:22 EDT 2008

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, jose luis lucas wrote:

> Hi, I'm new in GEMS community :)
> Can I get statistics from ethernet/myrinet/infiniband networks (built in
> simics simulator) using GEMS? I mean (4 example) latency, bandwidth,
> number of paquets/flits sent/received, ...
> Or only works with "interchips networks"?

You appear to be at cross purposes with this list.  Rubygems, or just gems,
almost never in ALLCAPS, is a packaging system for libraries for the Ruby
programming language.  There are some gems that support networking, but
your phrasing suggests that you think this is the main thrust of gems.

A quick prod of Google tells me, from a Cisco site, that:

The Gigabit Ethernet Module (GEM) provides Gigabit Ethernet
connectivity for a CSS 11800.

Maybe you want to be asking on a cisco list?  It's outside my expertise,
so I can't suggest which one.