[Rubygems-developers] gem dependencies not working in rubygems 1.2.0 on MacOS 10.5.3

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 15:13:15 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 6:26 AM, Stephen Bannasch
<stephen.bannasch at deanbrook.org> wrote:
> I've got rubygems 1.2.0 installed on MacOS 10.5.3 and when I tried to
> install sake it failed because I didn't have the proper ParseTree and
> ruby2ruby gems installed.
> Bug report submitted:
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=21056&group_id=126&atid=575

Try running the same scenario, but with all commands (env, dependency)
run as sudo.  You are probably picking up a different env/rubygems
version in your root environment.  Not saying it is not a problem, but
we should see exactly what the env is for root to see why the sudo'd
installation is failing.

-- Chad