[Rubygems-developers] Mirror fallbacks (was: rubygems.org down ?)

Berger, Daniel Daniel.Berger at qwest.com
Mon Jan 28 14:57:04 EST 2008

Is there a way to configure rubygems to fallback to a mirror in the
event of an error like this?

With Perl's CPAN, for example, you select a bunch of mirrors the first
time you run the CPAN shell. From then on, if there's a problem
downloading from your first selection it defaults to the next mirror,
and so on, until it either succeeds or goes through all of your mirrors.

Can we do that? If so, how?

Thanks,

Dan