[Rubygems-developers] Failing gem commands; reinstalling RubyGems

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 03:52:17 EST 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 4:57 AM, Tobi Reif <tobiasreif at pinkjuice.com> wrote:
> It seems I need to reinstall RubyGems.
>
> What's the cleanest way to uninstall RubyGems?

If you are only interested in getting a working gems install, I would
download the latest rubygems tar.gz, run setup.rb manually and forget
about update system via an older 'gem update --system' command.

If you want to know why the 'gem update --system' command is failing
in rubygems 0.9.4, then try to reproduce the problem with the latest
(or next-to-latest) rubygems release.  If it is only a bug in the
older release, which has been fixed in newer releases, there's not
much to do...

-- Chad