[Rubygems-developers] gem says it builds RDoc, but it's not there

Jeff Davis ruby at j-davis.com
Fri Jan 4 19:53:23 EST 2008

I can easily build RDoc for my C extension. When I install the gem, it
says it's installing ri and RDoc documentation, but it simply isn't
installed. What can cause that? Do I need to pre-build it and bundle it
with the gem?

One possibly complicating factor is that my gem consists of two modules
by different names that provide some classes by the same names. One is a
backwards-compatibility legacy version, and the two modules aren't
designed to be loaded at the same time. Would that cause this failure?

Regards,
	Jeff Davis