[Rubygems-developers] Failing gem commands; reinstalling RubyGems

Trans transfire at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 08:28:03 EST 2008

On Feb 26, 8:37 pm, Eric Hodel <drbr... at segment7.net> wrote:
> On Jan 29, 2008, at 02:14 AM, Tobi Reif wrote:
>
> > On Mon 2008-01-28 Chad Woolley wrote:
> > [...]
>
> >> Yes, I'd like to hear the latest and greatest official uninstall
> >> procedure as well...
>
> > If there is no automated way, perhaps one could be added?
>
> Nobody has bothered to write it.

I have. I've been trying to get a hold of Minero about the changes I
made to setup.rb, but I haven't heard back.

Probably not a good idea to push a setup.rb 3.5.0 w/o Minero's
involvement. So if I don't hear back, I'm weighing options. Perhaps it
would be better anyway to strip setup.rb down into a set of tasks that
can be run either as standalone scripts or as rake tasks. I'm not
sure, and I'm all ears for suggestions.

T.