[Rubygems-developers] warnings from open-uri

Berger, Daniel Daniel.Berger at qwest.com
Fri Feb 1 14:04:01 EST 2008

Upon further review, it looks like we include the open-uri.rb from 1.9
because the 1.8.5 (1.8.x?) version
does not support user/password on authenticating proxies. That's what
Jim Weirich's comment says anyway.

I can only guess that you are explicitly require'ing open-uri.rb at some
point in your test suite Chad. Then, when you require rubygems, it loads
the 1.9 version, and you end up with the warnings.

I'm not sure what the solution is for you other than, "Don't do that".

Regards,

Dan