[Rubygems-developers] 'gem' method crashes if home folder doesn't exist

Hongli Lai hongli at phusion.nl
Thu Dec 4 08:53:04 EST 2008

If the home folder of the user that the Ruby interpreter is running as
does not exist, then the 'gem' method will crash
with an Errno::ENOENT exception. I've posted details and a fix at:

This fix is very important for Phusion Passenger. I'd like to ask the
RubyGems developer to release a bugfix release as soon as possible.

With kind regards,
Hongli Lai
Phusion | The Computer Science Company

Web: http://www.phusion.nl/
E-mail: info at phusion.nl
Chamber of commerce no: 08173483 (The Netherlands)