[Rubygems-developers] Why is spec.autorequire deprecated?

Caspar Florian Ebeling florian.ebeling at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 08:12:47 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 1:35 PM, Caspar Florian Ebeling
<florian.ebeling at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm just writing a gem spec and I got a warning about
> Specification#autorequire being deprecated. Maybe I
> miss an important part, but isn't that the idea, to first
> require "rubygems" (if ruby 1.8), then the gem, and then
> be able to access classes etc? How is it meant to work
> otherwise?

Ok, I just figured it out myself. The require means a file
by that name, in whichever gem this might turn up.

I was holding the wrong assumption that require GEMNAME
was what happens, while it is actually only a common
convention to supply one file named like the gem itself.

Sorry for the noise.

Florian

--
Florian Ebeling