[Rubygems-developers] problems with 1.3.0 non-root autoinstall

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 15:35:41 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Martin Krauskopf
<martin.krauskopf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Then I do not know. Works for me (below). Just not sure how did you get
> there 1.3.0, for me trunk has (in 'gem env' below).

I manually changed the version to 1.3.0 before installing.  How did
you get the revision appended?  When I install from trunk rev 1861, I
end up with version 1.2.0 (no rev appended).

Anyway, if it works for you I am probably in some inconsistent state
due to mucking with ~/.gemrc.

Yeah, I'm on the committers but clueless on this and don't have time
to dig into the source.  Just reporting it and waiting for Eric to

Thanks for the help,
-- Chad