[Rubygems-developers] env shebang always for JRuby

Vladimir Sizikov vsizikov at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 11:54:25 EDT 2008

Charlie,

I think rubygems has just the option for us:
-E, --[no-]env-shebang           Rewrite the shebang line on installed
                                                    scripts to use /usr/bin/env

But it didn't work for me earlier today when I upgraded rubygems for
JRuby from 1.1 to 1.1.1, for some reason.

Well, the upgrade from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 was a bit unusual altogether,
since the following command just did nothing, refusing to upgrade:
jruby -S gem update --system --env-shebang --no-rdoc --no-ri

So, I first downgraded to rubygems 1.0.1, and then upgraded to 1.1.1
successfully.

Thanks,
  --Vladimir