[Rubygems-developers] A couple of issues related to JRuby

Vladimir Sizikov vsizikov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 07:54:22 EDT 2008

Hi Luis,

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 9:03 PM, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hello Vladimir, I can take a look at those bug if not special
>  requirements are needed to setup JRuby for testing (already have JRE
>  installed).

Thanks for the offer!
Yes, typical JRuby install process is straightforward:
http://wiki.jruby.org/wiki/Getting_Started

Just set JAVA_HOME to point to the correct version of Java installed,
and put the bin directory of JRuby in your PATH. After that, simlpe
'jruby' command would run JRuby. Use jruby -S gem, jruby -S rake,
jruby -S rails, etc to run the tools under JRuby.

I'll be happy to test/verify the changes. If you don't have enough
time/resources to handle the fixes, just let me know and I'll try to
come up with patches myself.

Thanks,
  --Vladimir