[Rubygems-developers] what environment is required for extconf.rb to work?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 18:59:45 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 7:04 AM, Chad Woolley <thewoolleyman at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am having failures when building compiled gems as part of a
>  cruise.rb builder process.  Errors look like this:
>
>   ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension. /usr/local/bin/ruby extconf.rb
>
>  When I run extconf manually, though, it works.  I suspect this is due
>  to cruise not passing along some required environment info.
>
>  Any idea what this might be, or how I can get more debugging info?

The builders of CC.rb are being launched externally or run inside the
dashboard (rails) process? If so, you need to check if the user used
by the daemonize process have access to that stuff (www or something
like that).

I ended splitting these two, fire the builders manually and the
dashboard with -w (without-builders param).

HTH,
--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems