[Rubygems-developers] Side effects of latest 1.1.0

Eric Hodel drbrain at segment7.net
Mon Apr 7 17:23:36 EDT 2008

On Apr 4, 2008, at 09:08 AM, Luis Lavena wrote:
> Hello Guys,
> I'm getting a few hits on some tickets regarding latest release
> (1.1.0):
> win32-service requirement for 0.3.4 no longer in rubyforge gem
> repository
> http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/ticket/27
> This is cache related, as Chad Woolley described previously, but which
> current solution breaks all the tests, as detailed in ticket #19228:
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=19228&group_id=126&atid=575
> This just show up, but is possible other gems faces the same situation
> we have here.

It seems that this has been fixed, trunk installs mongrel_service just

$ rm -r ~/tmp/gems
$ rake rungem -- install -i ~/tmp/gems --platform=mswin32
mongrel_service --no-ri --no-rdoc
Successfully installed gem_plugin-0.2.3
Successfully installed cgi_multipart_eof_fix-2.5.0
Successfully installed mongrel-1.1.4-x86-mswin32-60
Successfully installed win32-service-0.5.2-x86-mswin32
Successfully installed mongrel_service-0.3.4-x86-mswin32
5 gems installed

> ==
> [#19274] Cannot retrieve gems after updating to 1.1.0 on Windows
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=19274&group_id=126&atid=575
> This one is related to Errno::ECONNABORTED not being rescued by the
> Remote Fetched, which I found after 1.1.0 release.
> I know this was asked too many times by me, but Eric: _we_ do have a
> release schedule for RubyGems? Just to give us enough room to test
> rubygems in a sandboxed environment at least for 2 days to see if
> there are major issues not found by the automated test suite.

I have a few more changes to make, then we can wait for feedback on
trunk for two days before releasing 1.1.1.