[Rubygems-developers] Side effects of latest 1.1.0

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 12:08:25 EDT 2008

Hello Guys,

I'm getting a few hits on some tickets regarding latest release (1.1.0):

win32-service requirement for 0.3.4 no longer in rubyforge gem repository
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/ticket/27

This is cache related, as Chad Woolley described previously, but which
current solution breaks all the tests, as detailed in ticket #19228:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=19228&group_id=126&atid=575

This just show up, but is possible other gems faces the same situation
we have here.

==

[#19274] Cannot retrieve gems after updating to 1.1.0 on Windows
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=19274&group_id=126&atid=575

This one is related to Errno::ECONNABORTED not being rescued by the
Remote Fetched, which I found after 1.1.0 release.

I know this was asked too many times by me, but Eric: _we_ do have a
release schedule for RubyGems? Just to give us enough room to test
rubygems in a sandboxed environment at least for 2 days to see if
there are major issues not found by the automated test suite.

Regards,
--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems