[Rubygems-developers] Need help manually adding a gem to my local repository

Wes Gamble weyus at att.net
Wed Apr 2 18:56:56 EDT 2008

I have a gem already installed, but I had to move it into place by hand
from another machine because it isn't available on the remote repository
where it is supposed to be.

Therefore the local gem index is unaware of it.

How can I either have the gem directories rescanned and rebuild the
local index OR how can I manually edit whichever file(s) represent the
local gem index to show that the gem is actually there when I do a "gem
list"?

Thanks,
Wes