[Rubygems-developers] Patch added.

Eric Hodel drbrain at segment7.net
Thu Sep 27 03:12:30 EDT 2007

On Sep 26, 2007, at 03:28 , Alan C Francis wrote:

> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?
> func=detail&aid=14246&group_id=126&atid=577
>
> Criticism *very much* welcomed.  I'm sure I haven't got it right.

--update_sources should be --update-sources, since every other
program I've seen uses dashes in command-line options.

I think the --update-sources option should be added to
local_remote_options.rb instead of config_file.rb, it doesn't need to
be active for every command, just the ones doing the remote stuff.
It'll also be documented in local_remote_command.rb.  (I should have
let you know.)

If you don't get these changes made tomorrow, I probably will.  I
think its beta time after this patch goes in.

> Also, tests for config_file are still confusing me a little.  See
> #ACF comments in the file.

Some things should be written out when changed on the command line,
other things shouldn't.  The tests there make sure the unchanged
things remain unchanged, and the change things get changed.