[Rubygems-developers] SourceInfoCache.search (Eric Hodel)

Alan C Francis listsub at twelve71.com
Sun Sep 23 02:09:19 EDT 2007

Hi Eric,

On 22 Sep 2007, at 10:45, rubygems-developers-request at rubyforge.org
wrote:

> I think I would like:
>
> If Gem.configuration.update_sources is true (default) the source
> cache will be updated automatically.

Do you mean for the search (my original request) or for all commands
where the cache is update (eg install)

> Add `gem sources --update` (or -u) to force a source cache update.

This I'm pretty clear on.

> You should then be able to override the user's
> Gem.configuration.update_sources value for your purposes.
>
> I don't have time to write it.  Could you write up a patch and put it
> in the tracker?

I'll have a crack at it.  At the risk of provoking the Wrath of
Stallman[*], my brand new 5-day old daughter can spoil the
concentration somewhat :-)

 > (Don't forget tests!)`

Testing is my middle name ! :-)

A.