[Rubygems-developers] Moving gems after upgrade from Ruby 1.8.4 to 1.8.6 on Windows XP

Wes Gamble weyus at att.net
Sun Sep 9 11:22:24 EDT 2007

I've successfully installed Ruby 1.8.6 on Windows with the 1-click
installer.

I have a lot of gems (about 40) that I don't want to re-get.  I copied
the entire contents of %RUBY_HOME%/lib/ruby/gems/1.8 from my old
installation to my new installation.

When I run "gem list" I still don't see my existing gems.

I have 2 questions:
1) What do I need to do to have my existing gems added to the local
repository's index?
2) Is there a user - level list for rubygems where this type of question
would be more appropriate?

Thanks,
Wes Gamble