[Rubygems-developers] Asking me for prerequisites

Brian Sammon rubygems-list at brisammon.fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 24 23:08:10 EDT 2007

> > That seems like an odd switch name then. I vote for '--ask-
> > dependencies'
> > instead. I would tuit '--ignore-dependencies' to mean 'just install
> > the
> > damn thing, don't try to grab the dependencies at all'.
>
> It means the latter.  It will never ask before installing
> dependencies anymore.

Will the --ignore-dependencies option at least tell you what dependencies you
have just ignored?

I would like to see the old behavior kept around as an option, or as an
alternative/additional, a mode for it to behave like rpm/dpkg, and just fail
verbosely if you don't have the dependencies already.

Would patches for any of this kind of stuff be accepted? (as non-defaulted
options, of course)