[Rubygems-developers] Questions about Gem Platform Matching

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 20:11:27 EDT 2007

> On 10/1/07, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I'm working on a up-to-date patch for this.
> >
> As we talk on #irc, this is the patch for this.
> I don't like the #self.local stuff... but with inline condition ( a ==
> b ? true : false ) looks worse.

Forgot to mention:

Gem that match new Gem::Platform.local will be 'x86-mswin32-60'...

Current available gems will be compatible with that platform.

Future gems using that local will not be compatible when
Gem::Platform.local match 'x86-mswin32-80' (due version mismatch?)

Guess that cover all the cases, except for old gems that lack the new
Gem::Platform specification (odd cases as you said).

Regards and hope this helps.

Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems
is worthwhile.