[Rubygems-developers] Latest trunk still misses 'mswin32' as valid platform when installing gems.

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 00:59:23 EST 2007

On Nov 24, 2007 11:58 PM, Daniel Berger <djberg96 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 24, 2007 5:11 PM, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Daniel and Eric, what do you think about this? Where should I create a
> > fake platform specific gem to test this out?
> >
> > I guess that final 1.8.6-p111 One-Click will ship with 0.9.4 for the time being.
>
> I'm not sure yet.
>
> At this point I'm inclined to think we should go back to the "ask to
> install" approach, and add a "--no-ask" option to skip it, because
> there's always going to be a case where a user wanted version X but
> instead got version Y.

It's odd because of the two gems with the same version number,
RubyGems choose ::RUBY one instead of 'mswin32'.

I failed to find the right place where that comparison is made to
recreate the scenario and provide a patch, is beyond my knowledge and
understanding on how RubyGems works. (maybe need to invest more time
on it).

Also, is useless the platform switch in this case, since it always
prioritize the RUBY version instead of the platform specific one.

Oh well, maybe a fresh look during the week will be more productive.
I'm burned out :-P

Thanks in advance for your time.

--
Luis Lavena