[Rubygems-developers] Tinderbox (Was: [dependencies])

Chad Woolley thewoolleyman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 13:10:29 EST 2007

On 11/11/07, Eric Hodel <drbrain at segment7.net> wrote:
> The number one problem with tinderbox is that it requires investment
> from the community to run tinderbox clients for firebrigade.  I aim
> to remove this problem by using EC2, but I won't get to that until
> after RubyGems is released.

Ping me when you start this.  This sounds interesting, especially the
EC2 setup stuff.  The OS setup is up my alley, and I can probably get
my company to pop for Windows licenses, etc.  Is there funding lined
up (http://rubyforge.org/credits/ ?) for the actual EC2 instances?

> The rest of the problems involve updating tinderbox for the changes
> in RubyGems.  The internal APIs were not very friendly when I started
> tinderbox, so it has bitrotted a bit.

OK.  Again, let me know how this goes.  Do you plan on just cranking
this out yourself, or would you want help?  If you want help, do you
plan on starting a list/tracker, keeping it on this list, or via
private email?

Thanks,
Chad