[Rubygems-developers] what version rubygems for ruby 1.9?

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 13:05:25 EST 2007

On Nov 18, 2007 4:07 AM, Stephen Bannasch
<stephen.bannasch at deanbrook.org> wrote:
> I'm testing things in trunk ruby 1.9 and trunk rubygems is working so
> far. When I tried to instead install rubgems-0.9.4 I got an error
> running setup.rb. Is this expected -- should I only use the newer
> releases with 1.9?

Latest trunk of rubygems is compatible with latest trunk of ruby.
Prior versions of RubyGems are not compatible with 1.9, as stated by
Eric Hodel in his blog:

(Or maybe I interpreted that from the post).

All the functionality you had with previous stable 0.9.4 is present in
latest beta.

In case you're worried about stability, why use ruby 1.9 in the first place? ;-)

Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems
is worthwhile.
Vince Lombardi