[Rubygems-developers] New beta tonight

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 09:59:48 EST 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 11:48 AM, Tom Copeland <tom at infoether.com> wrote:
> FWIW, Alex Fenton is reporting that 0.9.2 is having trouble reading all
> the gems in the index:
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=15417&group_id=5&atid=102

I just added some comment about that after digging the wxRuby gem
issues, pasting the comment here:

The other thing is that wxRuby is being marked as 'x86-mswin32'
platform gem, when the file is 'i386-mswin32'

Doing deep in the problem, I see this from the metadata:

rubygems_version: 0.9.4
platform: i386-mswin32

Compared to mongrel-1.1.1-mswin32.gem:
rubygems_version: 0.9.4
platform: mswin32

Err... anyone noticing the difference? who wxRuby team is coding
the platform? there wasn't a 'i386-mswin32' Gem::Platform constant
for that in 0.9.4...

They are using Gem::Platform::WIN32 for mswin platform:

self.platform = gem_platform

Err... me confused... don't know why was that...

Or wxRuby team was using the beta of rubygems to create the gem (since
Gem::PLATFORM::WIN32 on beta will generate the new platform syntax) or
they managed to brake RubyGems ;-)

I used the same constant for Mongrel and the platform is correct.

Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems
is worthwhile.
Vince Lombardi