[Rubygems-developers] RubyGems imported into 1.9 trunk

Eric Hodel drbrain at segment7.net
Mon Nov 12 00:15:58 EST 2007

On Nov 9, 2007, at 23:53 , Eric Hodel wrote:

> There are a few tests breaking due to rbconfig.rb not matching
> what ./miniruby ./runruby.rb provides, and I'm not sure how to work
> around that.
>
> A few other tests are broken due to rake/rbconfig version mismatch
> problem.
>
> RubyGems libraries won't work until gem_prelude.rb is committed.
>
> Please let me know if you come across any other problems.

For the record, I've added two tasks to RubyGems' Rakefile to help
maintain the ruby trunk export of RubyGems.  `rake diff_ruby` will
compare RubyGems' trunk with ruby's trunk, and `rake update_ruby`
will rsync over a new copy of RubyGems into the right place.

The tasks expect a specific directory layout which can be
overridden.  See the Rakefile for details.