[Rubygems-developers] Tinderbox (Was: [dependencies])

Eric Hodel drbrain at segment7.net
Sun Nov 11 23:51:39 EST 2007

On Nov 10, 2007, at 18:13 , Chad Woolley wrote:
> On 11/10/07, Eric Hodel <drbrain at segment7.net> wrote:
>> I think the majority of the problem is that Ruby's libraries haven't
>> matured enough yet.
>
> Totally agreed.  We need tinderbox/gump for ruby.  What is the status
> on firebrigade?  I notice my gem hasn't built for several versions
> (and won't build without some help, due to the issues discussed in
> this thread).
>
> I've been meaning to offer to help with tinderbox in my non-existent
> spare time.  I'll get on the list...

The number one problem with tinderbox is that it requires investment
from the community to run tinderbox clients for firebrigade.  I aim
to remove this problem by using EC2, but I won't get to that until
after RubyGems is released.

The rest of the problems involve updating tinderbox for the changes
in RubyGems.  The internal APIs were not very friendly when I started
tinderbox, so it has bitrotted a bit.