[Rubygems-developers] Platform-specific gems not getting picked up in the index

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 10:50:19 EST 2007

On Nov 8, 2007 11:02 AM, Tom Copeland <tom at infoether.com> wrote:

> Further investigation shows that the indexer thinks most of the wxruby
> gems are "misnamed"; more details here:
>
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=15417&group_id=5&atid=102
>
> Still not sure exactly which side the problem is on, though...

Tom,

I think is related to the RubyGems version and the specific platform:

Gems made with rubygems 0.8.11, and without platform (just RUBY),
everything works.
Gems made with rubygems 0.8.11 but platform specific (the case of
wxRuby), fails.
Gems made with rubygems > 0.9.2 without platform (just RUBY), works.
Gems made with rubygems > 0.9.2 platform specific, works.

It ring a bell to someone? I'm trying to pinpoint where the specific
RubyGems version is evaluated... so far didn't find it.

--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems