[Rubygems-developers] On Windows Zlib::BufError

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 10:51:44 EST 2007

On 11/7/07, Trans <transfire at gmail.com> wrote:
> No end of oddities for me.... Using Windows one click installer. Just
> finished doing a gem update --system (twice):
>   C:\Documents and Settings\trans>gem install facets
>   ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Zlib::BufError)
>       buffer error

This is a known issue of Zlib [1] [2]

Which version of One-Click-Installer did you use? Latest Release Candidate?

Which version of rubygems did you tried to update? it seems the .bat
file is form a older version.

[1] http://weblog.rubyonrails.org/2007/6/29/capistrano-2-0-preview-4
[2] http://weblog.rubyonrails.org/2006/8/9/rails-1-1-5-mandatory-security-patch-and-other-tidbits

Luis Lavena