[Rubygems-developers] Rubyforge gem sync frequency

Trans transfire at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 02:24:10 EST 2007

On Nov 6, 2007 9:58 PM, Luis Lavena <luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/6/07, Trans <transfire at gmail.com> wrote:
> > How long does it take to refresh the rubyforge gem index? I put a gem
> > up 20mins ago and gem is still telling me it's not there:
> >

> You should as RubyForge staff about that (Tom?).

That's Tom Copeland. Not me. But Tom Copeland is a great guy :-)

> Indexing all the gems rubyforge has is a expensive task.
>
> If you want to test, you can create your local gem repository with
> index_gem_repository and a webserver.
>
> just add --source http://localhost:port and you're ready.

That's cool, though I don't think it will tell me much about
Rubyforge's time. There are a lot more gems over there.

It's working now though, so at least I know it finishes by 5 hrs. :-)
[We'll at least I assume that's the reason]

Thanks,
T.