[Rubygems-developers] What is right and wrong with dependencies definitions?

Austin Ziegler halostatue at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 23:12:12 EST 2007

> Been updating some gems locally (crafted by myself) and found a
> curious situation:
>
> Eric told me on #ruby-lang that Hoe include itself as dependency since
> it's needed to perform gem 'check' operations.

This and the other issues would be solved if someone added a
"development dependencies" list (or a "gem dependencies", as in
dependencies for working with the gem itself, not with the package
contained within the gem... sort of).

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue at gmail.com * http://www.halostatue.ca/